This Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus is the perfect weeknight dinner loaded with amazing flavor and easily made all in one pan in under 20 minutes!
And just like that I’m back with sheet pan meals! They really are my favorite way to throw dinner together because clean up is always such a breeze and you can easily whip up something last minute in no time. You guys, this lemon garlic shrimp and asparagus is loaded with serious flavor and makes the perfect weeknight meal!
I just love cooking with shrimp because not only do they make a lean healthier meal option, but they cook really quickly and taste great with almost any sauce or seasoning. The asparagus are perfectly crisp on the outside while still being tender and flavorful on the inside. Fresh lemon juice, flavorful garlic and so much buttery goodness all seasoned to perfection… I mean this meal is so. dang. delicious. All you need are just a few simple ingredients and about 20 minutes, it really doesn’t get much better than that!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Shrimp – you’ll want to use medium to large-sized wild-caught shrimp and it’s always much easier to buy shrimp that has already been deveined and peeled, but feel free to purchase what you like best! You can also use frozen shrimp, just make sure they’re thawed completely before cooking
- Asparagus – try to find thin to medium-sized asparagus as the cooking time depends on the size of your asparagus. If you aren’t a fan of asparagus, you could easily swap them with green beans or broccoli, totally your preference!
- Lemons + Zest – you’ll need a few tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and I always like to add a little zest so that lemon flavor really comes through! Feel free to squeeze a little extra lemon juice on everything at the end too
- Garlic – I LOVE using fresh garlic in my recipes, but you can use jarred minced garlic if that’s what you have on hand
- Butter – all you need are a few tablespoons and I just love the delicious buttery taste mixed in with the lemon and garlic!
- Seasonings – I used a combination of paprika, onion powder and red chili flakes (along with salt and pepper) to add even more flavor to the shrimp
- Fresh parsley – I sprinkle this on the dish once everything has baked
HOW TO MAKE LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS
- Marinate shrimp. First whisk the olive oil, melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and seasonings together in a bowl and then toss with the shrimp. Let the shrimp marinate while the asparagus cooks then we’ll add the shrimp to the pan.
- Cook asparagus. On a large sheet pan, arrange trimmed asparagus on one side of the pan, drizzle with olive oil and add garlic and lemon zest. Toss the asparagus until they’re all coated and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp! Once the asparagus has cooked, remove the pan and add the marinated shrimp to the other side of the pan, arranging them so that they are all in a single layer. Place them back in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until shrimp are opaque and pink in color.
- Serve. Top the shrimp and asparagus with fresh chopped parsley and a squeeze of additional lemon juice. Season again as-needed. And that’s it! Oh and don’t forget to drizzle the asparagus with those delicious buttery pan juices!
I like to serve this shrimp and asparagus with either brown rice or even cauliflower rice if I’m eating low carb. This would also taste amazing over quinoa or simply all by itself as a complete meal. Light, fresh and oh so buttery! I promise you won’t regret making this easy dish!
CAN I USE FROZEN COOKED SHRIMP
I get asked this a lot with my shrimp recipes and yes you definitely can! Many people already have a bag of frozen cooked shrimp in their freezer so make sure to thaw the shrimp completely first and you’ll also want to peel the shells off if they haven’t been peeled already. Then while the asparagus cooks (about 10 minutes), just toss the shrimp in the lemon garlic sauce and let those flavors marinate together. When the asparagus is almost ready, simply add the shrimp to the other side of the pan with all the delicious lemon garlic juices and pop in the oven for about 4 to 5 minutes, just until the shrimp are heated through.
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
- Skillet Chili Garlic and Lime Shrimp
- Margarita Shrimp Skewers
- Asian Shrimp Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing
- Caribbean Jerk Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice
Hope you all enjoy this delicious Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
This Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus is the perfect weeknight dinner loaded with flavor and easily made all in one pan in under 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
For the Shrimp:
- 1 lb medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (leave this out if you don’t like a little heat)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, garnish after cooking
For the Asparagus:
- 1 lb thin to medium asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, melted butter, lemon juice, zest, garlic and seasonings. Add shrimp and toss everything together until completely coated. Set aside and let shrimp marinate while asparagus cooks.
- On a large sheet pan sprayed with nonstick spray, arrange asparagus on one side of the pan, drizzle with olive and add garlic and lemon zest. Toss until completely coated then season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Once asparagus has cooked, remove from the oven and add the marinated shrimp to the other side of the pan, arranging them so that they are all in a single layer. Place everything back in the oven and cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, until shrimp are opaque and pink in color.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze with additional lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Shrimp and asparagus can be stored in a sealed airtight container for up to two days in your fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 302
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 403.1 mg
- Fat: 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.2 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 27 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.