This Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is the perfect low carb side dish that is healthy, delicious and easily made in minutes with just a few simple ingredients!
Cauliflower rice is such a staple in our home because it’s just so quick and EASY to make! Not only does it make a great low carb side dish, but I love using it as a base for my meal prep bowls because it pairs so well with chicken, shrimp, fish or even steak!
To get cauliflower into rice form I start off with a head of cauliflower, chop it up into florets and throw them into my food processor. This is the food processor I use and it’s honestly one of my favorite kitchen tools that I own! I use it to make pesto, chop veggies and it’s actually the secret to making my mashed cauliflower taste PERFECT. If you don’t have a food processor then simply chop the cauliflower up until you have pieces the size of rice. You can also use frozen cauliflower rice which is obviously much quicker (and you probably watched me use it on my Instagram stories), but I will say that I personally think fresh cauliflower tastes better as rice because it doesn’t get as mushy.
This side dish was inspired by Chipotle’s cilantro lime rice so the possibilities are endless on what you could add to this! Sometimes I’ll throw corn and black beans in this and make a bowl, you could add a variety of seasonings such as cumin or chipotle chili powder or simply serve it up as a side dish with your favorite meal! I kept this recipe pretty basic, but feel free to have fun with it and make this to your liking.
If you like this dish then definitely check out these other delicious recipes!
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Coconut Lime Cilantro Quinoa
- Spicy Shrimp with Cilantro and Lime
- Healthy Cauliflower Fried Rice
Enjoy friends and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinnyrecipe if you end up making this and I’ll share your delicious photos! I LOVE seeing all your meals!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- 1 head cauliflower (3 cups cauliflower rice)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle olive oil and sauté onion 3 to 4 minutes then add garlic and jalapeño, sautéing an additional minute.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the riced cauliflower to the skillet, season with salt/pepper and cook until cauliflower is soft and tender, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove cauliflower rice from heat and mix in the lime juice and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!