Lately my weekends have consisted of either weddings or binging on countless episodes of Breaking Bad. I thoroughly enjoy both (duh), but I definitely surprised myself this weekend with how productive I decided to be! Not only did I finally get my embarrassingly messy garage organized complete with built-in shelving units and bike racks (impressive I know), but I painted my bathroom, caught up on ALL the laundry and cleaned my entire house! I guess when you start one project, it only makes you want to keep going until your A) out of things to do or B) ready to collapse. I can definitely relate to the latter….
Now I don’t know about you, but anytime I run into Home Depot for ONE little thing, I suddenly realize 10 different projects I probably need to start in my house. Wainscoting would be one of them. I’ve literally pinned over 6281658927120275 different tutorials on how to do this yourself, but honestly I’m too scared of screwing it up! I’ve decided, however, that I’ll probably tackle that next weekend since wedding season is officially over for us and Breaking Bad actually ended last night (sigh). Don’t even get me started on that…. #mindblown.
Ok so on to the food. Let me just tell you right now, these shrimp skewers were quite the brilliant idea. Not only are they unbelievably delicious and super easy to make, but you can have 3 whole skewers (9 shrimp) for around 100 calories! That’s only 2 WW points friends…..oh how I love guilt-free eating.
Serve this with fresh veggies or even my fiesta lime rice and always make sure to have a margarita in hand! Well not always, but it’s definitely a great addition. The weather was gorgeous this weekend so it was the perfect time to grill out – we’re trying to do that as much as possible before it gets too cold!
And because I’m still reeling after last night’s episode…..in one word, how would YOU sum up the Breaking Bad finale??
Ready, set, GO!
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. fresh lime zest
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp. tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked
- Soak bamboo skewers for about 20 minutes in cold water; set aside.
- Whisk together lime juice, zest, olive oil, tequila, garlic, cilantro, salt and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Place peeled shrimp in a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over shrimp, shaking to combine. Allow shrimp to marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat grill on medium to high heat, making sure to lightly spray with oil to avoid sticking.
- While grill is heating up, start threading your shrimp onto the bamboo skewers and discard the marinade. Place the skewers on the grill, cooking shrimp until they turn pink, about 2 to 3 minutes each side. Serve and enjoy!