This Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken and Veggies makes the perfect weeknight dinner that’s healthy, delicious and easily made all on one pan in under 30 minutes! Perfect recipe for your Sunday meal prep too!
You know I LOVE me some sheet pan meals and you guys this one definitely does not disappoint! I was inspired to make this from my maple balsamic and herb chicken recipe that my husband loves so much. And by loves, he’s OBSESSED. He requested it (again) the other night and I was feeling super lazy so I decided to chop up some peppers and onions, throw them on a pan with the chicken and drizzle it with this sauce. SO EASY. And very delicious.
This recipe literally only takes 20 minutes to make and the sauce tastes so good over the veggies. Feel free to use any veggies you’d like too! We were in the mood for some peppers and onions, but you could add broccoli, green beans, snap peas…really anything you’d like. There are no rules 😉 You should also add this recipe to your weekly meal prep rotation because the leftovers taste even better the next day!
This meal can easily be prepped the night before too. Simply chop up all your veggies and the chicken, make your sauce ahead of time as well and store everything in the fridge until you are ready to assemble. Then when you get home you can just throw everything onto your sheet pan and pop in the oven!
Also I get a lot of questions about what pans I use for my sheet meals and I’ve found these pans to be fantastic! They are nice and big with extra thickness for durability as well as deep so they can hold a lot of stuff. I also think the price point is super reasonable as well for this quality!
Being on maternity leave, even though I’m home all day, has had me so busy with the baby so sheet pan meals have been a total lifesaver over the past several weeks! We usually keep a ton of chicken (or fish) and veggies on hand so prepping these meals at night when she falls asleep is really easy and I can just throw everything into the oven the next day!
If you like this recipe then be sure to check out these other popular sheet pan meals:
- Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Ginger Soy Glazed Salmon
- Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes
- Ginger Maple Chicken with Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash
Hope you guy scarf this balsamic chicken and veggies down as fast as my hubby did and if you DO, please mark sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see all the yummy things you’re eating!
Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
This Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken and Veggies makes the perfect weeknight dinner that’s healthy, delicious and easily made all on one pan in under 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow), cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the sauce: In a small saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard and garlic on medium heat and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and allow sauce to simmer, whisking occasionally, until sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Spread chicken and chopped veggies on a baking sheet sprayed with some cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle half the sauce over the chicken and veggies (reserving the other half for later) and toss to combine. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, and continue cooking until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with fresh basil. Enjoy
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 15.6 g
- Sodium: 524.1 g
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.1 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 24.3 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.