Sweet and flavorful Skillet Chili Garlic and Lime Shrimp that tastes amazing and is ready in just minutes! Perfect as an appetizer, on top of a salad or even as a main dish!
Boy do I LOVE shrimp, especially in the summertime. It’s fresh, delicious and only takes a few minutes to make! This recipe was inspired by my Asian Shrimp Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing that I’m utterly obsessed with, which is honestly an understatement. The shrimp on that salad is just so incredible and has had tons of rave reviews that it just needed to be highlighted as its own dish. I’ve modified the sauce a bit, but this recipe still has all the same great flavors!
The ingredients in this dish are sure to make your mouth water too. I mean we’re talking delicious sweet chili sauce (isn’t this stuff the best?!), fresh ginger, garlic, honey, lime juice and of course a little soy sauce to bring everything together.
This shrimp dish is super versatile too so have fun with this recipe! You could serve this over rice, have a side of pasta, throw it on top of a salad, or even add more veggies to the skillet for an even more complete meal. I highly suggest broccoli, red bell pepper, or asparagus, but I mean the possibilities are endless. My hubby even likes to make these into skewers and throw them on the grill adding veggies to each skewer. You really can’t go wrong as long as you have this delicious marinade!
This is also a great recipe for for meal prep because this shrimp tastes even better the next day! Best part is you can enjoy this either hot or cold, although I personally prefer mine warmed up first. Definitely give it a try though and see what you think!
Also feel free to use fresh or frozen shrimp, just make sure the frozen shrimp is thawed completely. I always like to get shrimp that has already been peeled and deveined just to make life that much easier and I always leave the tails on because hello! Presentation! 🙂 Haha but you do whatever works for you of course.
If you like this recipe then be sure to check out these delicious dishes with the same great flavors!
- Sheet Pan Ginger Soy Glazed Salmon
- Ginger Soy Glazed Green Beans & Peppers
- Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken & Veggies
- Asian Shrimp Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Hope you all enjoy this delicious Skillet Chili Garlic and Lime Shrimp as much as we did and if you DO decide to make this, please make sure to tag Eat Yourself Skinny on Instagram so I can see all the yummy things you’re eating!
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- To make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, drizzle olive oil. Add shrimp and cook until it starts to turn pink, about 3 minutes. Add sauce and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is reduced, stirring regularly to coat shrimps with sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!