EASY Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas with all your favorite Mexican flavors that makes the perfect healthy weeknight dinner easily made all on one pan in under 30 minutes! Perfect recipe for your Sunday meal prep too!
Yep I’m back at again with another sheet pan meal because they just make life so dang EASY! These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are SO delicious and have all your favorite Mexican flavors right on one pan. Tender, juicy chicken, crisp peppers and onions, all tossed in a blend of spices like chili powder, cumin, garlic, and paprika, topped with fresh lime juice and cilantro. You guys, seriously SO GOOD.
And super easy to make, easy to clean and definitely easy to eat! Since my husband is eating low carb right now, he makes lettuce wraps with his chicken fajita mixture while I like to throw mine in a tortilla or over some brown rice. Either way this recipe is a winner and I love topping mine with extra lime, avocado slices, salsa and shredded cheese!
This whole meal can easily be prepped the night before too. Simply chop up all your veggies and the chicken, make your seasoning ahead of time as well and store everything in the fridge until you are ready to assemble. Then when you get home you can just throw everything onto your sheet pan and pop in the oven! These would also make delicious meal prep bowls too that you could serve with brown rice or even this cilantro lime cauliflower rice. Head over to my Instagram to see how easy it is to make brown rice right in your Instant Pot!
Also I get a lot of questions about what pans I use for my sheet meals and I’ve found these pans to be fantastic! They are nice and big with extra thickness for durability as well as deep so they can hold a lot of stuff. I also think the price point is super reasonable as well for this quality!
Being on maternity leave, even though I’m home all day, has had me so busy with the baby so sheet pan meals have been a total lifesaver over the past several weeks! We usually keep a ton of chicken (or fish) and veggies on hand so prepping these meals at night when she falls asleep is really easy and I can just throw everything into the oven the next day!
If you like this recipe then be sure to check out these other popular sheet pan meals:
- Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies
- Sheet Pan Ginger Soy Glazed Salmon
- Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes
- Ginger Maple Chicken with Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash
Hope you all love these sheet pan chicken fajitas as much as we did and if you do make this, please make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see all the yummy things you’re eating!
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch strips
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced (I used red, yellow, green)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Optional toppings: sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese, salsa
- Serve with flour tortillas or lettuce cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread chicken, peppers and onions on a baking sheet sprayed with some cooking spray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and oregano. Sprinkle the spices evenly over the chicken and peppers, tossing to coat and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, tossing halfway through, and continue cooking until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through. (if you want some char on your veggies, remove chicken from baking sheet and pop veggies under the broiler for about 3 to 5 minutes until the edges start to char slightly.)
- Drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Serve with lettuce cups or tortillas and desired toppings. Enjoy!