Creamy homemade Honey Mustard Sauce easily made in just minutes with a few simple ingredients perfect for dipping chicken tenders, fries, veggies, and more!
If someone were to ask me what my favorite way to eat chicken would be, I would say gimme ALL the honey mustard! There’s just something about this golden sweet and tangy sauce that is pure deliciousness and oh so perfect for dunking, well, just about anything! No need to buy store-bought sauce because this honey mustard tastes SO much better homemade! All you need are a few simple ingredients (only 4 to be exact plus a few seasonings) and I bet you could whip this up in under 5 minutes!
We’ve been using our air fryer literally every week trying out new recipes and one thing always remains constant, everything tastes better when dipped. Even my toddler would agree! She loves this sauce 🙂 It just tastes amazing on everything!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Mayonnaise – I like to use this avocado oil based mayo any time a recipe calls for mayo which is unsweetened with better-for-you ingredients, but any type of mayo will work
- Mustard – I prefer the taste of Dijon mustard in this dipping sauce, but you could also use yellow mustard or even a little bit of both!
- Honey – this adds the perfect amount of sweetness with the tangy mustard, but you could also use maple syrup if vegan
- Apple cider vinegar – adds a little zip and acidity to balance out all those bold flavors! You could also use white vinegar or even a little lemon juice
- Seasonings – combination of paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper
How to Make Honey Mustard Sauce
This is seriously SO, so easy to make! Simply throw all your ingredients into a bowl or jar and whisk really good until nice and creamy. That’s it! Taste the sauce and feel free to adjust any seasonings as needed. Want a little kick to it?? Add in a little cayenne pepper or sriracha! My hubby loves doing this and it really takes this sauce to a whole new level.
Prepping and Storing
This honey mustard will last in the fridge in a sealed, airtight container for up to 2 weeks, but I definitely suggest using it within a week for the freshest taste.
How to Serve Honey Mustard Sauce
- Use as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders, nuggets, sweet potato fries, pretzels and more!
- Drizzle over veggies
- Spread on sandwiches or wraps
- Add it to your chicken salad
- Dressing for salads (feel free to add a little olive oil or lemon juice to thin this out if using as a dressing)
- Marinate chicken or spread it over fish
More Dips and Sauces You’ll Love
- Creamy Avocado Ranch
- Lemon Dijon Herb Dressing
- Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Easy Healthy Teriyaki Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Creamy homemade Honey Mustard Sauce easily made in just minutes with a few simple ingredients perfect for dipping chicken tenders, nuggets, fries, veggies, and more!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (or yellow mustard)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until creamy and smooth. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
*This honey mustard sauce will last in the fridge in a sealed, airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 11.5 g
- Sodium: 297.3 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.