These delicious bite-sized Crab Cake Balls with Sriracha Dipping Sauce are baked (or air fried) and make the perfect party appetizers that are always such a crowdpleaser! Make them the night before so you can easily pop them in the oven before guests arrive!
Tomorrow is the SUPER BOWL guys! And while I’m honestly not that excited about the teams this year, I still love the yearly tradition of friends, football and DELICIOUS food. There is literally nothing better than vegging out on loads of finger food so I wanted to share one of my favorite appetizers that I always love to make each year! These crab cake balls are highly requested and seriously delicious. Trust me on this.
Also this Sriracha dipping sauce might just be HEAVEN.
HOW TO MAKE CRAB CAKE BALLS
You can easily make these the night before too so all you have to do is pop them in the oven right before your guests arrive! There is nothing worse than scrambling around cooking while people are over visiting so I always try to plan recipes that are easy and convenient which is why these are a favorite of mine. These crab cake balls are also baked, not fried like most recipes, so you still get the same great taste and flavor, just a little healthier without the grease! You can also easily throw these in the air fryer for perfectly crispy, tender crab cake bites!
Another delicious option is making these into larger patties. Same exact cooking time in the oven or air fryer and perfectly filling as a main course with a side of veggies rather than an appetizer!
PERFECT APPETIZER ANY TIME!
Not only do these bite-sized balls make great game day appetizers, but they’re also perfect for parties, holidays or really any given weeknight when you’re craving something GOOD. This recipe yields roughly 24 balls (or 6 patties if you decide to make them that way) with a delicious crunch on the outside and tons of flavor on the inside!
For a lower carb version, feel free to substitute the breadcrumbs with about 1/4 cup of coconut flour or flaxseed meal. I’ve made them this way too and they taste delicious!
THE SRIRACHA DIPPING SAUCE
And don’t forget to make this Sriracha dipping sauce! It gives these crab cake balls a nice spicy kick and definitely adds more flavor. You can also make this sauce in advance too to save you time the day of your party. I don’t know about you, but Sriracha just makes everrrrrything better 😉
MORE GAME DAY RECIPES
- Stick Honey Garlic Cauliflower Wings
- Hot Italian Sliders
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 7 Layer Taco Dip
Hope you all enjoy these delicious Crab Cake Balls and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
Baked Crab Cake Balls with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
These delicious bite-sized Crab Cake Balls with Sriracha Dipping Sauce are baked (or air-fried) and make the perfect party appetizers that are always such a crowdpleaser!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
For the Sriracha Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (if baking in the oven).
- Rinse crab meat and remove any shells, trying not to break up any large lumps.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, Sriracha, lemon juice, green onions and Old Bay seasoning until well combined. Mix in crab meat then fold in breadcrumbs, garlic salt and pepper.
- Form the crab mixture with your hands into 24 (1-inch) balls and place on a cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate balls for 30 minutes (or overnight if you are making these ahead of time).
- To make in the oven: Bake crab cake balls for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Pop them under the broiler for an additional 5 minutes if you like them crispier!
- To make in the air fryer: Arrange crab cake balls in a single layer on the wire rack of your air fryer, being careful not to overcrowd them, and air-fry at 370 degrees for about 5 minutes. Flip the balls over and continue air-frying for another 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- NOTE: Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to do two batches of the crab cake balls. You want to place them in a single layer on the rack, being careful not overcrowd them so that air can circulate around the balls making them crispy!
- While the balls are cooking, whisk together yogurt, mayo and Sriracha to make the dipping sauce. Serve with the crab cakes and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 3 balls + 2 Tbsp sauce
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 641.7 g
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 12.5 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.
LEAVE A COMMENT12 Comments