Crispy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts easily cooked in your air fryer in just 15 minutes for a delicious healthy snack or side dish!
If you haven’t purchased an air fryer yet, you need to run, not walk, to your nearest computer and order one immediately. Trust me. Not only does it just make everything taste SO much better, but it’s QUICK and a much healthier way to cook rather than frying your food in a ton of oil! Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite things to air fry because they get perfectly crispy on the outside while still being nice and tender on in the inside. The added garlic and parmesan just make them that much tastier!
You can of course roast these in the oven, but I promise you won’t get that same great flavor and crispness you’ll get from the air fryer plus it takes half the time in your air fryer! I was inspired to make this recipe because they are one of my favorite appetizers to order whenever we go out and my hubby can confirm that these indeed are restaurant-quality.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS:
- Wash and trim the brussels sprouts. I like to trim the ends, removing any loose leaves, and then cut them in half lengthwise so that they can get really crispy and tender.
- Toss ’em! In a medium bowl, toss together trimmed brussels with olive oil, a little lemon juice (yes this is a must!), minced garlic, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and salt. You’ll add the rest of the parmesan cheese halfway through cooking.
- Preheat air fryer. Some air fryers require you to pre-heat while others do not, but either way you’ll want to set your air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Let’s fry! Place brussels in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer (this ensures they ALL get nice and crispy!) and cook for about 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through and sprinkling with additional parmesan cheese.
- EAT. Feel free to add additional seasonings as needed once you remove them from the air fryer. I’ll sometimes sprinkle a little more salt, some pepper and even more cheese or a lemon zest!
A quick note: if you want to double this recipe, GO FOR IT! But you’ll definitely want to make these in batches in your air fryer so that the brussels sprouts aren’t crowded and you can get them all crispy. These can be stored in your fridge for about 3 to 4 days and can easily be crisped back up by heating up again in your air fryer! Simply set your air fryer to 350 and cook for about 10 minutes, until nice and crisp.
Now you may be saying to yourself, “I HATE brussels sprouts.” Well then you haven’t had these. Trust me when I say these will definitely change your mind about brussels and you can also feel good about indulging! This is the only way my hubby will eat this veggie so I’m glad they’re so quick and easy to throw together. I tried to keep these keto and low carb-friendly, but if you wanted even more of a delicious crunch, feel free to sprinkle with some breadcrumbs before frying!
Also, did you know if you have an Instant Pot you can just purchase this attachment and BOOM you have an air fryer! Pretty cool, huh?
Hope you all enjoy these crispy air fryer garlic parmesan brussels sprouts as much as we did and if you do decide to make this or any other Eat Yourself Skinny recipe, please make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see all the yummy things you’re eating!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Heat air fryer to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss together brussels sprouts, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, mixing well.
- Place brussels sprouts in your air fryer basket in a single layer. Fry for 8 minutes, then shake the basket and sprinkle with ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Continue to air fry for an additional 7 to 8 minutes, or until brussels are crisp and tender.
- Remove from air fryer, season with additional salt and parmesan cheese, if needed, and enjoy!