Bruschetta. An EASY basic recipe that everyone should already know how to make, and if you don’t well you’re welcome. This is literally one of the first recipes I ever shared on the blog about 7 years ago (gah has it really been that long?!), but with football season in full effect I wanted to update this recipe with some fresh new photos and remind you just how delicious it is!
Like I said this recipe is super simple, but a huge crowdpleaser! Not only does it make such a great appetizer, but I’ll throw this bruschetta over chicken and fish, top my eggs with it for breakfast, or just eat it by the spoonful – yeah don’t judge. Basically it’s good any time!
I normally don’t measure anything when making this, I just throw everything together in a bowl and taste as I go so I did my best to give you exact measurements. Basically I just chopped up some fresh tomatoes, threw a handful (or two) of chopped fresh basil in, mixed in some salt and cracked pepper, drizzled a bit of olive oil and a added a splash of balsamic vinegar. Voila! Literally the easiest bruschetta recipe you’ll ever make! I love the simplicity of this and wish more delicious recipes could be this easy. But of course where would the challenge be then??
Bruschetta has always been my go-to recipe when entertaining and this is such a no fail recipe. Whether you’re making this bruschetta for your next tailgate or for tomorrow night’s dinner party, it’s definitely going to go quickly so make sure to make plenty for everyone! I mean leftovers are even better the next day so that’s never a bad thing 😉
The longer the bruschetta marinates, the more flavorful it becomes so make a huge batch and enjoy it for a few days!
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
Fresh and delicious Tomato and Basil Bruschetta that is super flavorful, so easy to make and such a huge crowdpleaser when entertaining!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- 8 ripe roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped (or more if desired)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 whole wheat baguette, cut into 16 slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dice tomatoes and place in a bowl, mix in chopped basil, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and set aside. Slice baguette into about 16 slices (or however many it yields) and place on a baking pan to bake for about 10 minutes.
- Serve bruschetta with warm bread slices and enjoy!
- Store your excess bruschetta in an airtight container in the fridge, tastes amazing over grilled chicken!
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 601.4 mg
- Fat: 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.