This 5-ingredient Tuna Avocado Egg Salad is fresh, delicious and only takes about 5 minutes to throw together for a healthy, protein-packed meal! No mayo necessary!
You guys it definitely doesn’t get any easier than this! Deliciously creamy avocado all mixed together with chopped hard-boiled eggs, tuna, a little dijon mustard and a splash of lemon! I also added some green onions for color and flavor along with a bit of salt and pepper for taste. The result? One of my new favorite lunches that couldn’t be any easier to throw together!
Now if you haven’t seen my method of hard-boiling eggs then you are seriously missing out. Ever since getting my Instant Pot I have been discovering all sorts of helpful short-cuts and ways to just make life a little more simpler and hard-boiling eggs is such a game changer! You can cook as many eggs as you’d like in about 15 or 20 minutes for perfect (easy to peel) hard-boiled eggs every. single. time! Check out this super easy method HERE!
THE PERFECT PROTEIN-PACKED MEAL!
I’m always looking for new ways to use tuna since I just love it so much and this protein-packed recipe turned out delicious! For this recipe, I’m using tuna packed in olive oil since I’m not using any mayo in this dish and it also just adds so much more flavor! I almost always use tuna packed in water for most of my recipes so if that’s all you have at home, that will work just fine!
I like to serve this up in lettuce wraps to keep it low carb, but you could also top this on toasted bread for breakfast in the morning, throw it over a salad, serve it up with some crackers for a snack or just simply eat it straight out of the bowl! I’m certainly not judging. As I said before, this tuna avocado egg salad is packed with protein, lots of healthy fats and is also paleo, gluten-free and keto so you can definitely feel good about enjoying this!
MORE TUNA RECIPES TO TRY
- Spicy Tuna Avocado Wrap
- Lemony Chickpea and Tuna Salad
- Tuna Rigatoni with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Egg White and Avocado Salad (no tuna, but very similar to this recipe!)
Hope you all enjoy this Tuna Avocado Egg Salad as much as we did and if you do decide to make this or any other Eat Yourself Skinny recipe, please make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see all the yummy things you’re eating!
- 2 (2.6 oz) pouches wild-caught tuna in olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped (see my recipe on how to make hard-boiled eggs here!)
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- Quick squeeze of lemon (about a teaspoon)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash together tuna and avocado until combined. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve with lettuce wraps, on toasted bread or enjoy all on its own!