Creamy and delicious Sun Dried Tomato Dip with tons of flavor and easily made in just minutes for the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer!
Note: This Sun Dried Tomato Dip first appeared on the blog in June 2011 and is such a FAVORITE that I’ve updated the post with bright new photos, but it is still the same delicious EASY recipe!
This is honestly one of those staple dips I just had to re-share because it truly is THAT good and I think a lot of people overlook this recipe! The flavors are incredible and while this sun dried tomato dip would taste great any time, I love making it in the summer because it’s the perfect dip to make while at the lake, to bring to the pool or even to just snack on while grilling out on the back deck. This dip is full of delicious sun dried tomatoes, chopped red bell peppers, garlic, green onions and the base of the recipe is a combination of cream cheese, Greek yogurt and chili sauce.
I like to serve this dip up with a variety of fresh veggies, crackers or toasted pita bread, but feel free to enjoy this however you choose! It really is the easiest thing you’ll make all summer as you just throw all your ingredients together and it’s ready in 5 minutes!
I do prefer this dip cold so make sure to chill it in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, but I usually make this the night before and let the flavors marinate overnight. Oh and if you like your dips with a lot of heat or spice, you may want to add a pinch or two more of cayenne pepper or even a jalapeño or two. You really couldn’t mess this dish up if you tried!
Pro tip: Make a double batch of this recipe ahead of time as this is a huge crowdpleaser and I promise this dip will go quickly!
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, without oil, dry packed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temp
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 4 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with 1 cup of boiling water and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt and chili sauce, mixing well.
- I like to use a hand mixer to save time and make this creamier.
- Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!