Wow I feel like I have so much to jam pack into this one post it’s crazy! Recently I received an amazing package from Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes with all sorts of yummy goodies in it. Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE Italian food and so when I saw all these tomato products to try, I knew I’d have some fun ideas! Make sure to check out their fabulous site to see ALL the delicious products they offer! All their tomatoes are field grown and vine ripened organically for healthy, delicious tasting meals.
Chicken Parmesan Rollatini and a Giveaway!
Recipe adapted from Food Network
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced or crushed tomatoes
- 5 or 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thin (1/8 inch-thick) chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 oz. shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 grated (or shredded) reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the broth, garlic, tomatoes and basil in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper; please smooth-side down on a work surface. Sprinkle with the parsley and mozzarella. Starting at the short end, roll up to enclose the filling. Secure with a tooth pick. Mix the parmesan and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Put the egg white in another dish and beat until foamy.
- Mist a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Dip the chicken rolls in the egg white, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place in the skillet, seam-side down. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs and mist with cooking spray.
- Bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes. Serve with the tomato sauce and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast + 1/2 cup sauce • Calories: 355 • Fat: 14 g • Carbs: 15 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 44 g • WW Points+: 9 pts
Also! Please check out the Blogger Spotlight interview I did with Deborah from Taste and Tell to learn how I started blogging, what my little kitchen looks like and well, to basically find out everything you ever wanted to know about me! Head on over and send her some love!