These delicious bite-sized Crab Cake Balls with Sriracha Dipping Sauce are baked (not fried) and make the perfect party appetizers that are always such a crowdpleaser! Make them the night before so you can easily pop them in the oven before guests arrive!
Tomorrow is the SUPER BOWL guys! And while I’m honestly not that excited about the teams this year, I still love the yearly tradition of friends, football and DELICIOUS food. There is literally nothing better than vegging out on loads of finger food so I wanted to share one of my favorite appetizers that I always love to make each year! These crab cake balls are highly requested and seriously delicious. Trust me on this.
Also this Sriracha dipping sauce might just be HEAVEN.
You can easily make these the night before too so all you have to do is pop them in the oven right before your guests arrive! There is nothing worse than scrambling around cooking while people are over visiting so I always try to plan recipes that are easy and convenient which is why these are a favorite of mine. These crab cake balls are also baked, not fried like most recipes, so you still get the same great taste and flavor, just a little healthier without the grease!
You can also easily make these into patties if you prefer a classic crab cake. They are made the exact same way as these balls, just shape them into patties and place on a cookie sheet to bake. Simple right?!
Not only do these bite-sized balls make great game day appetizers, but they’re also perfect for parties, holidays or really any given weeknight when you’re craving something GOOD. This recipe yields roughly 24 balls (or 6 patties if you decide to make them that way) with a delicious crunch on the outside and tons of flavor on the inside!
For a lower carb version, feel free to substitute the breadcrumbs with about 1/4 cup of coconut flour or flaxseed meal. I’ve made them this way too and they taste delicious!
And don’t forget to make this Sriracha dipping sauce! It gives these crab cake balls a nice spicy kick and definitely adds more flavor. You can also make this sauce in advance too to save you time the day of your party. I don’t know about you, but Sriracha just makes everrrrrything better 😉
Serve these up with my favorite mini cornbread muffins for the perfect game day spread! Hope you all enjoy these as much as we did and have a great Super Bowl Sunday!
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1½ tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse crab meat and remove any shells, trying not to break up any large lumps.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, Sriracha, lemon juice, green onions and Old Bay seasoning until well combined. Mix in crab meat then fold in breadcrumbs, garlic salt and pepper.
- Form the crab mixture with your hands into 24 (1-inch) balls and place on a cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate balls for 30 minutes (or overnight if you are making these ahead of time).
- Bake crab cake balls for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Pop them under the broiler for an additional 5 minutes if you like them crispier!
- While the balls are baking, whisk together yogurt, mayo and Sriracha to make the dipping sauce. Serve with the crab cakes and enjoy!