Um you guys.
These Almond Butter Granola Bars are kind of amazing. Seriously. And there is ZERO baking required which means they are literally the easiest thing you will make this week (and you WILL make them because they’re THAT good).
It really took me no time at all to throw these together. I mean really the only thing that takes a little while is actually waiting to eat them, but hey that just makes them that much tastier right?! I love bars that I can easily grab on-the-go in the mornings and these also make for a perfect midday snack while at work. Truth be told I brought these into my office to share with my co-workers and they lasted all but 10 minutes….I even had a request to bring in more!
These granola bars are crunchy, chewy and lightly sweetened with honey and brown sugar. If you want to omit the sugar altogether, you can easily just add a little extra honey. I’m also loving the almond butter in this recipe, it just gives such a delicious nutty taste to the bars. If you don’t have almond butter on hand, try using peanut butter! I mean whoever came up with the brilliant idea of putting chocolate and peanut butter together was clearly a genius so you really can’t go wrong with that tasty combination.
These are also great for kids too! They’ll love helping you make them, especially sprinkling the mini chocolate chips over top, but most of all they’ll enjoy eating them too! Store these individually wrapped in plastic wrap in a sealed air-tight container to keep them fresh or feel free to freeze them for later.
These almond butter granola bars really are super simple to make, but I do want to note that allowing the honey mixture to simmer on the stove for a full two minutes is the key to making sure these bars stick together so don’t skip that part! Also giving them enough time to firm up in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours is important too, but I promise they’re completely worth the wait!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips (divided)
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats and puffed rice cereal; set aside.
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, whisk together coconut oil, brown sugar, almond butter and honey and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low, continually whisking, and allow mixture to simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over the dry oat mixture and fold together so everything is evenly coated. Stir in one tablespoon of chocolate chips and transfer to a prepared 9x13-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Press granola mixture firmly into the baking dish (I used extra parchment paper to press down to avoid granola from sticking to my fingers) and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over top along with a pinch of sea salt. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and lift the parchment paper so the bars are easily removed from the baking dish. Cut into 18 bars and store at room temp individually wrapped in plastic wrap or freeze for later.
*Recipe inspired by Rachel Ray