These bars were the perfect choice as not only do they taste delicious, but they’re healthy, super easy to make and they’re the perfect breakfast meal to grab on the go! Make them the night before and you have your breakfast planned out for the week, which is something I’m definitely in need of as I’m usually rushing too much to make breakfast…sigh
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (4 oz)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups dried cranberries (6 oz)
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- To prepare crust, combine flour and the next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) into a medium bowl. Stir well with a whisk until combined. Drizzle melted butter and orange juice over flour mixture, stirring until moistened (mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1/2 cup of oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare filling, combine cranberries, sour cream, granulated sugar, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spread cranberry mixture over prepared crust and sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over filling.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool completely in a pan on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 square • Calories: 133 • Fat: 4.6 g • Carbs: 21.9 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 1.5 g • WW Points+: 4 pts