Um if anyone knows me then they know that my absolute weakness is Reeses peanut butter cups. Literally. The addiction is bad I’m telling you, but I only eat them on occasion….or sometimes in my ice cream….or even in yummy delicious blondies such as these.
Yes blondies, what a perfect name for this yummy dessert and one of my favorite names if I do say so myself 😉 No I’m not biased or anything. I mean let’s look at the similarities, shall we? Blondes are sweet, they have more fun and while many may think we’re uh…er….dumb, we always find a way surprise you! And that’s exactly what these blondies are sure to do. Not only are there delicious chunks of Reeses peanut butter cups, but you’ll also find chocolate chips and a hint of vanilla!
But I thought we were supposed to eat ourselves skinny?
Yes well 1) sometimes it’s okay to indulge, 2) every girl needs a chocolate fix, I don’t care what you say and 3) these are a lightened-up version. I took out the additional peanut butter the original recipe called for since I thought the peanut butter cups gave it enough flavor, used half sugar, half Stevia in the raw instead of one whole cup of sugar and only used 3 peanut butter cups. There is also NO oil in this recipe either, it’s a win-win folks! And yes, I know the serving size seems small, but each blondie is packed full of rich chocolate flavor that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Also, just a quick note to those who make these little babies on the reg, traditional blondies are typically dense and chewy, but these did turn out a bit cake-like, which I actually really loved! I did find, however, that once they sat covered for a day, they did retain their chewiness (and were of course still just as tasty!)
But don’t take my word for it! These are so simple and quick to make that I bet you could whip them right up during a commercial break in the middle of watching The Bachelorette.
I’d bet you $5 on that.
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (or 1 cup without Stevia)
- 1/2 cup Stevia in the raw
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup light butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 Tbsp fat-free milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Reeses peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, Stevia, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs then add melted butter, milk and vanilla extract; stirring well. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until well combined. Then slowly add in chocolate chips.
- Using cooking spray, coat a 9 x 9 inch pan (any other size will need longer to bake) and spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Then sprinkle chopped Reeses peanut butter cups over top of the batter and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 blondie • Calories: 151 • Fat: 5.3 g • Carbs: 23.8 g • Fiber: 0.8 g • Protein: 3.2 g • WW Points+: 4 pts