So in case you were wondering what I did with my leftover quinoa, yep obviously I made muffins. I just love these because they are the perfect dose of protein needed to kick start your day, they taste delicious and they are oh so easy to make! I threw in some chia seeds because they only helped to enhance the flavor and make you feel more energized – which is something I really needed today. This week is draggggging….but I’m excited that I finally chose my paint colors (holy transition right there) so looking forward to yet another busy weekend full of house assembling and decorating. It’s definitely coming along though, just wish I could snap my fingers and make it all happen instantly.
Or win the lottery.
I welcome either option.
Chia Seed Quinoa Muffins
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine quinoa, flours, baking powder, salt and chia seeds.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together milk, egg, yogurt, honey and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add to quinoa mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide mixture evenly among greased muffin tins and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 muffin • Calories: 110 • Fat: 1.5 g • Saturated Fat: 0.2 g • Carbs: 20.6 g • Fiber: 2.1 g • Protein: 4 g • Sugars: 2.7 g • WW Freestyle Points: 4