Warm and delicious Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole that is lighter in calories, high in protein and can easily be made the night before for the perfect morning breakfast!
Is there anything better on a lazy Sunday morning than waking up and simply throwing your breakfast in the oven without any work or prep? That’s why I LOVE this Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole! Not only is this super easy to make, but it is also a much healthier alternative to typical french toast casseroles that are usually full of sugar and cream. Now don’t worry, there may be less fat and calories in this dish, but that doesn’t mean it lacks any flavor. It’s moist and sweet with chunks of warm blueberries in every single bite!
I just love a good breakfast like this on cozy weekends, especially when you know you’ll have guests over. This recipe is such a crowdpleaser and perfect for Sunday brunches, but it also makes delicious leftovers if you’re only making it for just 2 or 4!
For this casserole I used a loaf of whole wheat french bread (or you could use sourdough) along with vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, maple syrup for some added sweetness and AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites to bind everything together. AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites are a great source of protein which is definitely how I like to start my day! They are also naturally fat-free, cholesterol-free and make the perfect low-calorie alternative to regular eggs so feel free to use these egg whites in your next omelet or breakfast wrap!
AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites are also super convenient to use! No wasting egg yolks or dealing with tons of cracked eggs, simply pour as little or as much of the egg whites as you want with zero mess, screw the top back on and just place it back in the fridge. These egg whites are pasteurized for safety and are actually safer than using traditional whole eggs so you can be confident you are eating quality food!
As I said before, this is a recipe I love conveniently making the night before just to make life a little more enjoyable in the mornings, but if you are making this last minute then I would suggest allowing everything to sit for at least an hour so that the bread has time to absorb all that liquid and flavor. Then just pop the casserole in the oven and enjoy! I personally like to sprinkle a little powdered sugar over top, but my hubby loves drizzling some maple syrup over his with extra blueberries. Either way, this is definitely a breakfast that does NOT disappoint! Sometimes I’ll even add a little protein powder into my mix before pouring over the bread cubes to make a great pre-workout meal!
I really hope you all enjoy this Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole as much as we did and I actually have a fun little surprise for all you moms out there that love cooking with your kids! Make sure to scroll down below to check out the giveaway 🙂
- 1 (14-16 oz) loaf whole wheat french bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp.nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional toppings: powdered sugar, maple syrup, extra blueberries
- I like to either use day old bread or toast the bread cubes before using them in the casserole. To toast the bread cubes, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place bread on prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes then evenly spread bread in a 9x13 inch baking dish coated in nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly over bread and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour mixture evenly over bread, cover and place in fridge for at least an hour, but best overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, uncover casserole and bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Top with powdered sugar or maple syrup, serve and enjoy!
Now for the giveaway! AllWhites is giving one lucky reader the chance to win this 27-Piece Curious Chef Cooking Set which is the perfect starter set for kids who love to cook! This is a $60 value and I know your kids will just love cooking with you!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you want to know more about AllWhites 100% Liquid Egg Whites, head on over to their website here or you can easily find AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites at your local grocery store! You can also find tons of delicious recipes and fitness inspiration on their website as well as their Pinterest page!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. The opinions and text are all mine.