Light and healthy Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps that are an easy low carb alternative to traditional tacos, are super flavorful and take less than 20 minutes to make!
Eating healthy during those busy weeknights really doesn’t have to be hard. That’s why I love making these EASY turkey taco lettuce wraps! Not only are they a tasty low carb option, but this entire meal only takes about 20 minutes to throw together and is easily cooked all in one pan. YES that means easy clean-up. This meal is a delicious combination of simple ingredients like lean ground turkey, a variety of spices, corn, black beans and your favorite salsa! Doesn’t get much easier than that.
Adding jarred salsa keeps things really quick and simple while adding delicious flavor and the best part is you probably already have all these ingredients on hand!
When making lettuce wraps, I like to use either butter lettuce, Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves because they are less watery than romaine yet still crisp and have a really great taste. They also are the perfect shape to hold all your filling which makes eating these tacos easy! Then you can have fun with all your toppings! Feel free to add a little cheese, additional salsa, avocado, sour cream, chopped onions…I mean the possibilities are endless. You could also top your tacos with this yummy avocado cremá that I made for these cilantro lime chicken tacos! Another really good recipe I love.
To make this recipe, all you need to do is brown your ground turkey, add in all your ingredients and cook until heated through. Then I like to add some fresh lime juice and cilantro right at the end to give the turkey filling even more flavor and fresh taste! Then have fun with your toppings, easy right?! Your kids will love this recipe too and will have fun making their own tacos!
Our family LOVES tacos so these lettuce wraps have become a weeknight staple and the fact that they are so quick to make is a total plus! Also if you’re on the Weight Watchers Freestyle Program, this is actually a ZERO point recipe!
This is also a great recipe to use for meal prep and I have some delicious ideas coming for ya! If you follow me on Instagram then you may have seen my taco salad bowls recently in my stories. This turkey filling makes GREAT leftovers and tastes amazing over a big salad which I like to use for lunches during the week. I’ll share more meal prep ideas with you real soon!
Hope you all enjoy these delicious tacos as much as we did!
- 1¼ lb 99% fat-free lean ground turkey
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (or more) chunky salsa
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- Toppings (optional): shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey until it begins to crumble and brown. Add chili powder, cumin and oregano and continue cooking until turkey is browned and completely cooked.
- Stir in tomatoes, green chiles, corn, black beans, salsa and cilantro. Cook about 5 more minutes until heated through then mix in lime juice.
- Add about ¼ cup turkey mixture to each lettuce cup, add desired toppings and enjoy!