Delicious Ginger Soy Glazed Green Beans and Peppers make a quick and easy side dish that is full of flavor and tastes like you ordered them from your favorite Asian restaurant!
You guys THESE.
These green beans are EVERYTHING and probably one of my favorite side dishes to date. Sautéed green beans with red peppers, onions and the most delicious garlicky ginger soy sauce you’ve ever tasted. I was inspired to make this from my Sheet Pan Ginger Soy Glazed Salmon. That recipe is SO popular and has had such rave reviews that I just had to repurpose that sauce for these green beans.
Not only are these green beans and peppers full of flavor, but the whole dish comes together so quickly (in about 10 minutes!) which makes it the perfect meal for those busy weeknights!
I don’t know why, but aside from broccoli, green beans are one of my favorite veggies. I guess it’s because they’re just so crisp and I just love how they retain their bright, vibrant color even after cooking. For this recipe I also added in a red bell pepper and onion which adds a whole new level of flavor to this dish! I love sautéed peppers and onions all on their own, but adding in green beans and a delicious garlicky ginger soy sauce is why this is such a favorite.
Now one thing I do want to mention is that I always like to blanch my green beans first before throwing them in the skillet. You could skip this part if you like, but it only takes about 2 minutes to blanch them and ensures that they are cooked to perfection. If you’ve never heard of blanching before, all it means is you add your green beans to boiling water and boil them for 1 to 2 minutes then immediately transfer your green beans to ice water to stop the cooking process. This allows them to stay nice and crisp, but cooked on the inside. Then you’ll just finish them up in the skillet adding all that delicious flavor!
Feel free to also add some ground turkey or chicken to this for a complete meal! The meat would taste amazing tossed in this sauce, but I must say I could literally eat this entire plate of green beans all on their own!
Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we did and if you DO like this recipe then you will also love my Sheet Pan Ginger Soy Glazed Salmon, this Asian Shrimp Salad (with ginger sesame dressing!), and my favorite Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps that were inspired by the ones from PF Changs! Enjoy friends!
- 1 lb fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch the green beans in the boiling water until bright green and tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and immediately put the green beans in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle olive oil. Sauté the red bell pepper and onion, about 2 minutes, then add in the green beans. Sauté the green beans with the peppers and onions about 5 more minutes or until green beans start to soften and blister.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic and pour sauce over top of veggies in the skillet. Cook an additional 2 minutes making sure everything is coated, remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve and enjoy!