These protein-packed Mediterranean Mason Jar Salads are layered with fresh veggies, quinoa, and chickpeas with the most delicious lemon garlic dressing! Perfect for meal prep and super easy to assemble!
Meal prep just got a whole lot easier with these Mediterranean mason jar salads! I love making these for lunch because you can easily assemble them the night before, store them in the fridge and simply pack them to-go in the morning (or to enjoy right at home because where are we even going these days??) Oh and they also taste SO dang good!
This recipe is essentially a variation of my Tomato, Cucumber and Chickpea Salad (one of my favs!), but I also added in some quinoa for extra protein and fiber along with fresh leafy arugula for a more complete salad. You could also add shredded chicken or a different variety of veggies and dressing to make these all your own! When you are ready to eat, just dump your salad out onto a plate/bowl OR you can simply shake it up and eat it straight from the jar! Trust me, these mason jar salads are total game changers and really easy to assemble.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Arugula (or any type of greens)
- Cooked quinoa
- Red onion
I also included the recipe for a super easy and delicious lemon garlic dressing that has such a great, fresh taste! The recipe for that is down below, but you can really use any dressing that you like with these. Just make sure to layer the dressing at the bottom of the jar so that your greens don’t get soggy.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE MASON JAR SALADS
As I said above, the most important thing to note when assembling these salads is that you want the salad dressing at the bottom and the leafy lettuce at the top. That way the salad stays as crisp and fresh as possible! Then simply layer the chickpeas, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, quinoa and, lastly, your arugula. The chickpeas and onions marinate in the salad dressing giving them even more flavor! I like to use these wide mouth jars as they just make it so much easier to layer in all the ingredients and the wide mouth also makes it a lot easier to eat everything right out of the jar!
MORE SALAD RECIPES
- Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad
- Roasted Chickpea Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Kale Salad
Hope you all enjoy these Mediterranean Mason Jar Salads and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
Mediterranean Mason Jar Salads
These protein-packed Mediterranean Mason Jar Salads are loaded with fresh veggies, quinoa, and chickpeas and have the most delicious lemon garlic dressing! Perfect for meal prep and super easy to assemble!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
For the Salad:
- 4 cups arugula (or other leafy greens)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups cucumber, diced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Lemon Garlic Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Distribute evenly among 4 mason jars so that the dressing is a the bottom of each.
- Next, add chickpeas, red onion and fresh parsley evenly into each jar and give a little mix. Then layer with tomatoes, cucumber, quinoa, and topping it last with fresh arugula.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat. To serve, either dump out and enjoy or shake it up and eat right from the jar!
*This salad should last up to 3 to 4 days in the fridge.