Chickpeas might seriously be one of the greatest items ever to be canned. They’re high in protein/fiber, low in fat, and just so happen to taste pretty freakin’ amazing. Also, the possibilities are endless in the amount of recipes you can come up with using these delicious beans!
This chickpea salad tastes so light and flavorful using fresh herbs, lemon and a hint of red pepper for some added spice. Oh and I should probably mention this literally takes less than 5 minutes to throw together. I was sold on that fact alone, especially considering how busy I’ve been these days. I’m constantly on the hunt for healthy snacks that are easy to make which take little to no effort so that during the week I’m not tempted to grab fast food or something ungodly horrible for me.
This would be a perfect example.
And with Gold Cup right around the corner (um yeah, this weekend to be exact), I’m bound and determined to slip myself into that skinny little dress I’ve had hanging in my closet for over 3 months now.
Yes I plan for events well in advance.
So whether you’re looking for a healthy snack idea or just plain love the taste of chickpeas, this recipe is perfect for anyone! And hey, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind losing a pound or two.
Lemony Chickpea Salad
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, garlic and parsley. Toss in chickpeas, cover and allow them to marinate for about 30 minutes at room temperature. Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Calories: 117 • Fat: 4.2 g • Carbs: 16.7 g • Fiber: 3.2 g • Protein: 3.6 g • WW Points+: 3 pts
LEAVE A COMMENT39 Comments