This is the only Homemade Cajun Seasoning you’ll ever need that is easy to make with the perfect amount of zest and spice to add a delicious kick to any dish!
Having homemade seasonings on hand is a MUST in our home and this Cajun seasoning has the perfect blend of spices to give a delicious kick to any dish! No need for those store-bought seasonings that are loaded with sodium, this Cajun seasoning is simple to make and you can easily just whip out a jar of it anytime you need to use it! This pantry essential is great for everything from chicken or seafood, vegetables, rice or potatoes, and even soups and stir-frys. The possibilities are endless and this seasoning is sure to amp up any dish!
This particular seasoning mix does have a little kick to it, but the heat definitely isn’t too much to handle so it should be perfect for your family to enjoy. The best part of making homemade seasonings is that you can adjust the spices however you’d like! And I bet you already have most of these spices already sitting in your pantry 😉
How to Make Homemade Cajun Seasoning
Simply combine all the spices in a small jar, mix or shake together until all combined, and cover tightly with a lid. That’s it! This seasoning will last up to 6 months to a year in your pantry so go ahead and make a ton to have on hand. Just make sure you store this in a cool dry place. Feel free to adjust any of the spices to make this to your liking. Some adjustments could be smoked paprika in place of regular paprika, you could add a little more red pepper flakes or cayenne for a spicier mix, dried oregano would taste great in place of the Italian seasoning, and you could even mix in some other dried herbs like thyme, rosemary or marjoram.
This recipe makes about a 3/4 cup of Cajun seasoning so depending on how much you need (or want to keep on hand) you may want to double or triple this recipe. You could even cut it in half if you just need a little for one recipe, it’s completely up to you!
How to Use Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- Use it as a rub for chicken, seafood or steak
- Sprinkle it on veggies or roasted potatoes (my fav!)
- Mix it with a little olive oil, lemon or lime juice and some garlic for a delicious marinade on chicken, shrimp or steak
- Use it to season ground beef or ground turkey for some flavorful burgers
- Mix it in with rice (or cauliflower rice), quinoa, pasta or beans
More Staple Recipes You’ll Love
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Simple Basil Pesto
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Lemon Dijon Herb Dressing
Hope you all enjoy this Homemade Cajun Seasoning and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
Homemade Cajun Seasoning
This is the only Homemade Cajun Seasoning you’ll ever need that is easy to make with the perfect amount of zest and spice to add some kick to any dish!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- 3 Tbsp paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a small jar with a tight lid, combine all the spices and mix well. Store in a cool dry place until ready to use.
*This seasoning will last 6 months to a year in a cool dry place.
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
- Calories: 14
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 422 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.7 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.