Start your morning with these fluffy Healthy Harvest Pancakes that are grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free made with almond flour for an easy delicious breakfast!
Oh do I love me some pancakes.
Would you believe me if I told you that these fluffy delicious pancakes were made only with eggs, mashed banana and a little almond flour?? Yeah I might not either, but they really are THAT easy to make! Sweetened with only vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg, these lightened-up pancakes make me actually look forward to waking up early in the mornings! If you prefer to make “protein” pancakes then feel free to substitute the almond flour with a scoop of protein powder without losing any flavor or texture. I just love how customizable these little delights are – as long as you stick to the basic egg, banana and flour ratio then feel free to go crazy making these your own!
I mean why not add blueberries, strawberries, um chocolate chips anyone…?
Yeah the possibilities are endless.
And let me just seriously clarify, I normally do not put that much syrup on my pancakes however I was trying to get that perfect pour shot (which sadly I really never achieved since I was by myself trying to pour AND shoot at the same time), but hey I guess you get the idea. I do love drizzling pure maple syrup over top though or sometimes I’ll even spread a little all-natural peanut butter or almond butter for a different kind of flavor. Like I said, you can totally make these however you’d like!
So on a side note, my cross country road trip to California last week was absolutely AMAZING and I appreciated all of the fun comments/restaurant suggestions I received on Instagram following along with my trip! Funny thing though – I had mentioned to you all that I would also be documenting my trip on SnapChat (which I did….A LOT), however I’m an absolute moron and forgot to put my SnapChat on PUBLIC so yeah no one saw any of it haha. (MAJOR face palm) I have, however, since then corrected this mistake so if you DO follow me I’m planning on sharing my favorite weekly recipes, workouts and, of course, my dog 🙂
Sorry about that mix up! I just had to laugh at myself for that one.
- ¼ cup almond flour (or flour of your choice)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, mashed banana and vanilla. Pour egg mixture in with the flour mixture and mix well until all clumps are gone (I used a hand mixer which worked perfectly!)
- Heat a greased skillet over medium heat and spoon a little less than a ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown. Flip over when surface is bubbly and edges are slightly dry.
- Serve immediately with pure maple syrup and enjoy!