This deliciously EASY Chimichurri Baked Salmon makes the perfect weeknight dinner that’s healthy, easy to prepare, and ready in under 20 minutes!
Oh how I love a good chimichurri sauce in the summertime! This sauce is just perfect with EVERYTHING, but I especially love it spooned on top of baked salmon. A mix of fresh herbs, tons of garlic, a bit of spice and tangy lemon juice make this an absolutely delicious meal that you can actually feel GOOD about eating!
This couldn’t be any easier to make either. One of the (many) reasons I love cooking salmon is because it takes little to no time at all to cook which is perfect for those busy weeknights. For this recipe I chose to bake my salmon in the oven, but you could of course grill it or even cook it in a pan. The real hero of the dish is this chimichurri sauce and it only takes about 5 minutes to throw together in your food processor! The great thing is it will last up to 2 weeks in your fridge so I like to make a good batch and enjoy it all week.
Feel free to squeeze a little lemon juice over top for a little extra flavor and serve with your favorite veggies for the perfect summer meal! I just love the garlicky fresh taste of this simple chimichurri sauce over the salmon and I’ll even drizzle it over my veggies too, but it REALLY tastes good over roasted potatoes!
For more delicious salmon dishes, here are some of my favorites!
- Hummus Crusted Salmon with Lemon Arugula Salad
- Ginger Basil Salmon in Foil
- Sheet Pan Ginger Soy Glazed Salmon
- Moroccan Salmon Foil Packets
Hope you all enjoy this delicious EASY Chimichurri Baked Salmon as much as we did and if you DO decide to make this, please make sure to tag Eat Yourself Skinny on Instagram so I can see all the yummy things you’re eating!
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 shallot
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you like heat)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place salmon skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet and brush with with oil. Generously season each filet with salt and pepper. Bake salmon in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes then turn the broiler on and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until edges of salmon are crisp.
- To make the chimichurri sauce: Using a food processor or a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend until chopped.
- To serve, spoon chimichurri sauce over the salmon, serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!