- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
For the caprese skewers:
- 24 cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
- 1 (16 oz) block of mozzarella cheese (if you want to make stars) or 12 balls
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 24 blueberries
- 12 (6″) wooden skewers
For the blueberry balsamic glaze:
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- On each wooden skewer, thread on a blueberry, followed by tomato, basil leaf, mozzarella star (or ball), followed by another basil leaf, tomato and finished with a blueberry. Feel free to skewer these in any order you’d like! This recipe is for 12 caprese skewers.
- To make the blueberry balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, balsamic vinegar, honey and lemon juice, mixing well. As the sauce warms up, mash the blueberries with the back of a spoon or use a potato masher and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn the heat down a bit and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the blueberries have broken down and the mixture is reduced to half. The consistency should be syrupy.
- Drizzle caprese skewers with blueberry balsamic glaze, serve and enjoy!
*The caprese skewers can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to two days.
*The blueberry balsamic glaze can be stored in an airtight container (I like to use a small mason jar) in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Serving Size: 2 skewers
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 9.8 g
- Sodium: 63.7 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 5 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.