“It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine….it’s summertime!”
Pretty sure Kenny Chesney said it best, it doesn’t get much better than summer. Sun, sand, flip flops…oh yeah and lots and LOTS of fresh fruit!!
Strawberries are probably my absolute favorite fruit during the summer so when I saw this recipe I knew I had found the PERFECT appetizer for my next gathering. Basil gives off such a strong aroma and I love the flavor it has when added to different dishes. It mixed incredibly well with the balsamic vinegar and strawberries, so much that you could even enjoy it without the bread. The great thing about making this is that it only takes about 5 minutes and is so easy! Plus it is sure to impress your friends which is never a bad thing 🙂
I paired this with my favorite bottle of Moscato wine and enjoyed a fabulous evening with my friends.
Balsamic Strawberry Bruschetta
Recipe adapted from Yummy Mummy
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 baguette, slice on the diagonal and toasted
- 4 oz. goat cheese at room temperature
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 packet Stevia in the Raw
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries, basil and balsamic vinegar. Spread goat cheese over toasted bread slices and top with strawberry mixture. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 2 pieces of bruschetta • Calories: 172 • Fat: 3.5 g • Carbs: 27 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Protein: 6.5 g • WW Points+: 4 pts