- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 12 oz. whole grain spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Sesame seeds, as garnish
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari if gluten-free)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp chili garlic paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
- While the water is boiling, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce until smooth. Feel free to add more (or less) hot water to get the consistency that you prefer.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook until al dente per the package directions. Once the noodles are done, drain and place them in a large bowl. Add in the chicken, bell pepper, green onions, and fresh herbs, drizzle with the peanut sauce and give a good toss until everything is nice and coated in the sauce. Garnish with chopped peanuts and sesame seeds and enjoy!
*The peanut sauce can be made up to a week in advance and the leftovers can be stored in a sealed airtight container for about 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 468.5 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.4 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 13.8 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.