Fresh and crisp Sweet Cucumber, Red Onion and Dill Salad made with 5 simple ingredients and the perfect recipe for the summer!
Did I mention I love salads?
Especially simple salads that taste perfect on a hot summer’s day and are only 34 calories per serving.
Yes 34, you read correctly, how can you beat that??
Oh and my apologies if I seem a bit distracted today, if you are currently living in the DC area and are in any way a sports fan, then you KNOW life is pretty damn good right now! Caps just won game 7 in overtime moving onto the second round and the Redskins will soon be welcoming RG3 to the family! I couldn’t be more excited and hoping for a better football season this year than the last couple of years!
Ok now back to food.
This salad is probably one of the easiest things you’ll ever make in your life and will sure look pretty on your table this spring. Just a few ingredients and 5 minutes of your time and you’ve got yourself one healthy dish. I used one packet of Stevia to sweeten this up, but go ahead and splurge on the real thing since this salad is so light to begin with.
Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.
Sweet Cucumber, Red Onion & Dill Salad
Fresh and crisp Sweet Cucumber, Red Onion and Dill Salad made with 5 simple ingredients and perfect for summer!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 packet Stevia (or 2 tsp. sugar)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sweetener and salt. Toss in the cucumbers, red onion and fresh dill. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes, enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 34
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 148.9 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1g g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.