These No Bake Apple Peanut Butter Cookies are the perfect tasty dessert you can easily throw together in just minutes and are much healthier for you too!
Happy National Cookie Day!! 🙂
Did you know that was a thing? Yep well thank the good Lord it is! And these easy NO BAKE cookies with peanut butter and apple are one of my favorite healthy cookies to make. One of my favorite go-to snacks ever since I was a little kid has always been apple slices with peanut butter…..I mean am I right?? Well I wanted to indulge my inner six year old and make cookies that are not only made with healthy wholesome ingredients, but that are quick and easy to throw together too! These cookies are great to grab on-the-go, they make awesome breakfast cookies (um doesn’t everyone love chocolate for breakfast??), or – for all you Tone It Up ladies – these make a great M4 option as well. I like to bring them to work to snack on all week.
Let’s just say my co-workers aren’t complaining.
These cookies (or balls if you prefer to call them) are made with all-natural peanut butter, coconut oil and honey all tossed together with crunchy peanuts, dried apple bits, puffed rice cereal and rolled oats. To sweeten these up even more I added a touch of vanilla and some apple pie spice which really tie the flavors all together. I also threw in some ground flaxseed for added fiber! These are easily made vegan by substituting the honey for agave nectar.
Now when rolling them into balls I did struggle with them staying together so I found if you wet your hands a bit with a little water they tend to hold their shape better and are much easier to work with. Once they are shaped though they will firm up after sitting out for a few minutes. I waited approximately 20 minutes before drizzling them with melted white chocolate (if you can’t wait that long). Aren’t interested in adding the chocolate? Well that’s okay too! These still taste really great on their own!
But who doesn’t love a little chocolate every now and then?
No Bake Apple Peanut Butter Cookies
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dried apples, crushed slightly
- 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 tsp. apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- In a medium saucepan, melt coconut oil and add peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Cook over low heat, continually whisking, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients except the white chocolate.
- Using slightly wet hands, shape cereal mixture into balls (about a 1/4 cup each) and place onto waxed paper. You should get about 18 cookies. Allow balls to sit for about 15 to 20 minutes, until firm.
- Drizzle cookies with a little melted white chocolate and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 cookie • Calories: 113 • Fat: 6 g • Saturated Fat: 2.7 g • Carbs: 10.2 g • Fiber: 1.3 g • Protein: 2.6 g • Sugar: 5 g • WW Freestyle Points: 5