My FAVORITE Veggie Frittata perfect for Sunday brunches that is quick and easy to make (under 30 minutes!), super easy and full of so much flavor!
Current addiction: Outlander.
Yes I know that show has nothing to do with this frittata, but they DO have two very important things in common….both are freaking AWESOME. My girlfriends have been telling me since last year to read the book and check out the show, but I never really found the time to start. Well this little holiday break allowed me to catch up on some much-needed binge watching and whoah did I get addicted. The romance, the story lines, the ABS….yep I’m officially in love. I promise I really was productive in the two days that I watched the entire season.
See I made a frittata.
You’re probably thinking well you already posted this on your blog? Yes this is true, but I literally make this breakfast regularly (um it’s THAT good) and have made some little adjustments over the years. Plus I felt it deemed a much better photo so that you all would actually WANT to make this dish. Am I right? The changes are only slight – instead of 5 egg whites and 2 whole eggs I simply just did 6 whole eggs. I like incorporating healthy fats into my diet, plus it just tastes a lot better! I also added a little almond milk to make them nice and fluffy after whisking. And that’s it!
I mean you can’t really mess with perfection.
This recipe also makes some serious delicious muffins. Not only do they keep really well refrigerated, but they are the perfect serving size to grab on-the-go in the mornings, which you KNOW I am all about. I am not, nor will I ever be, a morning person!
Ugh now I am seriously dreading getting up early this week. Way to get me side tracked…
Oh yeah muffins – simply bake them at 350 for about 20 to 25 minutes and they should turn out perfect! The nice thing is you can use any veggie imaginable in this dish. I always use my favorite combination of zucchini, bell peppers, onion, broccoli and sun dried tomatoes. I’ve also made this with asparagus, mushrooms and sometimes I’ll even get a wild hair and add a little sausage!
Oooo getting cray.
I think it’s so funny reading food blogs. I mean we literally get so excited talking about veggies and cooking times you’d think we were discussing our latest pair of Jimmy Choos. Actually I don’t really own a pair of Jimmy Choos, but if I did I would probably be just as excited. Oh well, good thing I’m not a fashion blogger!
My Favorite Veggie Frittata
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, drizzle olive oil and saute onion and garlic for about 4 minutes until tender and fragrant. Add in bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli and sun dried tomatoes, cooking an additional 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Continue whisking until nice and foamy.
- Poor egg mixture over top of the veggies in the skillet until evenly coated and cook on medium heat until bottom is set, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and continue to cook until edges are slightly brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when a knife inserted comes out clean, enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 slice • Calories: 130 • Fat: 8.1 g • Saturated Fat: 1.8 g • Carbs: 5.4 g • Fiber: 1.1 g • Protein: 8.2 g • Sugar: 1.4 g • WW Freestyle Points: 1
LEAVE A COMMENT50 Comments