- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 12 oz package egg noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 cups low-sodium beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (use full-fat)
- Chopped parsley, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. While the water is heating up, add the ground beef to a large skillet on medium-high heat and cook until browned and crumbled. Transfer the cooked beef to a plate, setting it aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in the same skillet you cooked the ground beef and sauté the onions until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and continuing cooking until mushrooms are cooked, about 7 more minutes. Add the cooked ground beef back into the pan and sprinkle in the fresh thyme, giving everything a good stir.
- Pour in the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and bring to a boil. You can also add your egg noodles to the boiling water, cooking for 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Once the sauce starts to boil, turn the heat down to a simmer and mix in the cream cheese until melted and incorporated. Turn the heat off and mix in the Greek yogurt.
- Drain the semi-cooked noodles and add them to a 9×13 casserole dish. Pour the creamy sauce over top of the noodles and mix well, making sure all the noodles are completely coated. Cover with foil and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
*This casserole will last in a sealed airtight container for 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 448
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 733.6 mg
- Fat: 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.2 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 32 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.