Why must you make my heart swoon??
I can’t think of a more refreshing beverage than sangria on a hot summer’s day and it’s one of my favorite things to whip together when having friends over. I mean the pitcher alone is just stunning! The possibilities are truly endless when it comes to YOUR sangria, but no matter what fruit you choose to use or whether you prefer white or red wine, the end result is always a fruity, summery flavor.This particular recipe called for brandy, which isn’t something I’m used to drinking. Brandy tends to run very expensive and I wasn’t trying to buy a huge bottle of this stuff, even though I did end up liking the flavor. Luckily you can find mini bottles at your local ABC store for just a few bucks and one bottle is roughly equal to 1/4 cup!
My lucky day.
So I carted this pitcher with me to the pool, laid my pasty white legs on the lounge chair and made some new friends that day. I mean who doesn’t love the girl with free cocktails??
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 1/2 cups pitted cherries
- 1 (750 mL) bottle albarino wine, chilled (or any sweet wine)
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- 1 large peach, thinly sliced
- 3 thyme sprigs
- Mix together the sugar and brandy in a pitcher until sugar dissolves.
- Add the pitted cherries and bottle of wine and chill in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in club soda, sliced peaches and thyme sprigs. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 2/3 cup • Calories: 155 • Fat: 0.2 g • Carbs: 18.3 g • Fiber: 1.3 g • Protein: 0.8 g • WW Points+: 5 pts
LEAVE A COMMENT65 Comments