Ohh how I love summer! It literally is my favorite time of the year and even though this is when I should be eating the healthiest, (let’s be honest) I can’t get enough of all the sweet treats this season has to offer! Umm can we say froyo?? Well one thing I DO know is there is no healthier way to splurge on your favorite treats than by simply making them yourself. One item that I literally don’t think I could do without in the summer is my Cuisinart ice cream maker from HSN. Seriously folks, this little gem is amazing and not only makes everything super creamy, but takes little to no effort and just 20 minutes of your time!
HSN does wonders in helping me stock up my kitchen with fabulous products that I’m able to use in my everyday life. Not only do they have my favorite culinary tools from exclusive brands and chefs such as Wolfgang Puck and the gorgeous Curtis Stone, but with HSN’s FlexPay Program, you can splurge on all those must-have items you’ve been swooning over without worrying about paying in full!
When my ice cream maker first arrived, I was dead set on making a skinny ice cream because if anyone knows me, they KNOW I’m obsessed with it. But then I saw a ton of gorgeous fresh peaches on sale and just knew I had to make a yummy sorbet. There is nothing better than an ice cold frozen treat on a hot summer’s day and since this season is made for happy hours and time spent with friends, I decided to throw in a little champagne for fun!To lighten this up I used about half the sugar a typical sorbet would have and replaced it with organic honey and a bit of lemon juice. This dessert was perfectly sweet without being too overpowering and the fresh thyme added a nice savory element to the overall dish. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
Just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to HSN for sponsoring this post! For exciting products, entertainment ideas and so much more, please make sure to check out their incredible line of kitchen products, I can’t get enough!
- 6 to 8 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- ⅔ cup raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp organic honey
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 cup champagne
- In a medium saucepan, combine peach slices, water and sugar, mixing well until sugar dissolves completely. Bring to a boil then allow mixture to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey, lemon juice, zest and fresh thyme. Let the peach mixture sit for an additional 10 minutes until cooled.
- Pour mixture into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, cover and allow to chill in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 hours. Then mix in champagne and pour into your frozen ice cream maker and mix for about 20 minutes, or according to the product's instructions.
- Once sorbet is done mixing, cover and place in freezer over night then enjoy!