Bite-sized Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bites perfect for babies, toddlers and kids that are healthy, packed with protein and easily made with only 5 simple ingredients!
Ever since my daughter started eating solid foods, it has been such a fun adventure watching her learn all the new tastes, textures and varieties of fruits and veggies I have introduced to her. I will admit, I was totally that momma that struggled with baby led weaning as I was SO afraid of her choking, so I tried to get creative with the food I would make her. These cheesy broccoli quinoa bites are PERFECT for her because not only does she gobble them right up, but they’re the perfect size for her tiny hands and the quinoa crumbles really easily in her mouth so I’m not afraid of her choking.
These bite-sized savory treats are super easy to make too and only require 5 simple ingredients! Packed full of protein and veggies, you can feel good about sharing these with your kids and I bet they’ll have a blast making them with you!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Cooked quinoa – I love making a big batch of this in my Instant Pot to have on hand throughout the week and I highly suggest using chicken or vegetable broth to cook the quinoa in rather than water to give these more flavor!
- Eggs – These are important to bind everything together. I like that these bites crumble easily for my infant, but feel free to add an additional egg if you’d like them held together more.
- Broccoli – I prefer to use fresh broccoli for this that I chop finely in a food processor, but you could also use frozen broccoli rice!
- Carrot – I wanted to sneak in another veggie along with the broccoli and because grated carrot looks just like cheddar cheese, your kiddos will never know!
- Cheese – I used shredded cheddar cheese in these, but feel free to use whatever cheese you’d like.
I do want to note that I did not add any salt, pepper or seasonings to this recipe as these veggie bites were created for little tummies, but if you’re making them for older kids (or even adults!), feel free to add whatever you’d like 🙂 You could also make larger muffins for those bigger appetites!
I also want to note that these cheesy broccoli quinoa bites freeze really well too! This recipe makes a TON (about 30 of them) and there’s no way my 9 month old could go through all these in a week so freezing them makes it really convenient to have meals prepped for her. Simply place them in a sealed container or ziplock bag and they can be kept in your freezer for up to 3 months!
For your older kids, these quinoa bites fit perfectly in a lunch box and make great after school snacks!
Feel free to use other veggies too like cauliflower, bell pepper or zucchini and you can even throw in fresh herbs, garlic and other seasonings as I stated before. These are really so simple to throw together and they definitely make feeding my little one a whole lot more fun!
Hope your little ones enjoy these Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bites as much as mine did and please let me know if you’d like to see more kid-friendly recipes shared on the blog! If you do decide to make these or any other Eat Yourself Skinny recipe, please make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see all the yummy things you’re eating!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1½ cups chopped broccoli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, blend together broccoli and grated carrot until finely chopped.
- Mix together chopped veggies, cooked quinoa, eggs and shredded cheese in a large bowl. Divide quinoa mixture evenly into two mini muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray, pressing down each one so that the bites hold together.
- Bake quinoa bites for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!