Who says pizza has to be unhealthy?? Sure you don’t want to load yourself up on bread and cheeses everyday, but once in awhile a little splurge is okay – especially when you throw in fresh veggies and yummy seasonings!
Quite honestly I wasn’t even planning on sharing these on the blog simply to avoid the backlash of nasty comments stating how unhealthy canned pizza dough is along with a large consumption of cheese. Yeah well that was until I posted these on my Instagram resulting in an insane amount of requests for the recipe. Soooo I figured if the haters wanna hate then go right ahead, the rest of us will enjoy pizza.
Feel free to use any toppings you’d like – my favorite combo on my veggie pizzas are red onion with loads of bell peppers, but you can add fresh broccoli, olives, or even make them little caprese bites using mozzarella, chopped tomato and basil, yum! I know I say this ALL the time, but the possibilities really are endless with these rolls and by simply adding fresh ingredients you can definitely add more nutritional value to these little snacks.
I should also note that these pizza rolls would make the perfect appetizer for football Sundays! Make a huge platter and set them out when the game comes on and I can pretty much guarantee they’ll be gone before your team even makes their first touchdown. Fingers crossed the Skins prove me wrong in these next couple weeks, but hey – least they aren’t the Giants.
I kid, I kid….but no really.
- 1 roll refrigerated pizza dough (or you can make your own)
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, diced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- Marinara/pizza sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly flour your surface so dough doesn't stick and roll out into a 12" x 8" rectangle. Cut out 24 rectangles using a pizza cutter and place a teaspoon of cheese along with desired toppings in the center of the squares.
- Carefully take the ends of the squares and roll them up around the toppings, pinching the ends to make a ball. Place balls of dough in a lightly sprayed pie pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic powder and Italian seasonings. Brush mixture all over the balls until coated and bake in oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Enjoy!