Ok confession. I’ve been afraid of spinach for a long time.
Like a looong time.
Sure I eat spinach and other greens in my salads all the time, but in something I’m going to drink?? Never. So the fact that I even tried this should shock and amaze you. And what is even more amazing is that I actually loved it! You literally cannot taste any spinach or leafy green remnant in this smoothie and it tastes super sweet without adding any additional sugar or sweetener!I was floored.This is the perfect way to get an extra dose of vegetables into your morning breakfast without even knowing they’re there. It only takes 10 minutes out of your morning (and even less if you pre-chop everything the night before) and you get a delicious healthy drink packed with nutrients that I promise will change the way you start your day. The combination of kiwi, pineapple, banana and orange completely mask the flavor of the spinach, while the Greek yogurt and chia seeds give this a creamy yet great texture.
Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did!
Kiwi, Pineapple & Chia Seed Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced kiwi
- 1 banana, cut up
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- In a blender, combine spinach, kiwi, banana, yogurt, pineapple, orange juice and chia seeds.
- Cover and blend until nearly smooth, scraping sides of blender if necessary. Divide smoothie into two glasses and top with additional berries if desired.
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 219 • Fat: 5 g • Carbs: 41 g • Fiber: 8 g • Protein: 8 g • WW Points+: 6 pts
LEAVE A COMMENT41 Comments