So this weekend ended up being amazing!! Dave and Jamie had a GORGEOUS wedding overlooking DC and my friends and I had a fabulous time at the super fun piano bar Bobby McKeys at the National Harbor!
Now that the weekend is over its back to the grind. I must say last night turned out to be absolutely gorgeous so me and the boy decided wine and grilling out would be the perfect way to finish off our day. Our vacation to Smith Mountain Lake is rapidly approaching so we’re REALLY trying to eat healthier and I knew this recipe would be perfect for us! Adapted from Cooking Light, this meal was delicious, satisfying and most of all super nutritious!
Did I mention it tasted amazing?? Yeah it really did.
My favorite part was definitely the pineapple relish which tasted incredible completely on its own! Next time I plan on doubling the recipe and bringing some to work for a yummy snack. We paired the chicken with some grilled squash and fresh veggies for a complete summer meal. Oh and the wine wasn’t bad either 😉
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Pineapple, Corn and Bell Pepper Relish
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (about ½ pineapple)
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; lightly coat with cooking spray. Combine garlic powder, cumin, ½ tsp. salt, and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to pan; cook 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ¼ tsp. salt, pineapple, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve relish over chicken and enjoy.
Serving Size: 2 thighs + ¾ cup relish • Calories: 242 • Fat: 6.1 g • Carbs: 17.4 g • Fiber: 1.3 g • Protein: 29.6 g • WW Points+: 6 pts