This Chili Lime Grilled Chicken is juicy, flavorful and marinated in a delicious combination of spices making this the perfect summer recipe! Pair it with fresh salsa and cauliflower rice for a complete meal!
We live for grilling in the summer so having a simple go-to marinade is an absolute necessity! This is one of our favorites because it is just SO flavorful and only takes a few ingredients that you probably already have sitting around in your kitchen. I use a spice combination of ancho chili powder and chipotle chili powder along with some cumin, coriander and paprika. Then I mix it all together with some olive oil, garlic and fresh lime juice! Seriously so delicious.
Like I said before, this chicken marinade was just made for summer and this chili lime recipe would be great for tacos, salads, or even on shrimp! I love serving this up with fresh salsa and let me just say that this cilantro lime cauliflower rice makes the PERFECT side dish to complete this healthy meal.
Now I prefer to marinate my chicken for about 4 to 5 hours (or even overnight) to really make this flavorful, but if you’re running short on time I would at least marinate your chicken for 30 minutes to an hour before grilling. If you don’t have a grill you can of course bake your chicken or throw it in a skillet, you’ll still get the same great taste!
Oh and this chicken is great for meal prep too! I like to throw my leftover chicken onto a salad because the leftovers literally taste better the next day. This recipe is for 3 or 4 chicken breasts so if you wanted to make more you can easily just double the marinade.
Hope you all enjoy this chicken as much as we did and if you DO like this recipe then you will also love my cilantro lime chicken tacos! The marinade on that chicken is another favorite of mine and tastes great year round, but I especially love it in the summer. Pair it with this cilantro lime cauliflower rice or even this coconut lime cilantro quinoa! Enjoy!
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime + zest
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the chicken.
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over top. Let chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes to an hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and brush grill with oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill chicken 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through (internal temp should be 165 degrees)
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!