A big thanks to Jamie for this recipe! We had it recently at a dinner party and this was a huge hit. This broccoli salad is so light and refreshing and would make the perfect addition to your summer cookout. We paired this tonight with some turkey burgers and they turned out great! The sweetness of the grapes, the saltiness of the bacon and the crunchiness of the broccoli makes a delicious combination that I think you’ll really love! I modified the original recipe using light mayo, turkey bacon and Splenda to keep the calorie and fat count low. Hope you enjoy it!
Sweet Broccoli Salad
Serves: 12 servings
- 1 cup lean turkey bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup red and/or green grapes, halved
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup sugar (or 6 packets of Stevia)
- 7 cups fresh broccoli florets (1 large head)
- Ocean Spray Craisins to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, grapes, red onion and sugar (or Stevia). Add broccoli and bacon; stir to coat.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Garnish with craisins if desired.
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 100 • Fat: 6 g • Carbs: 8 g • Fiber: 1.4 g • Protein: 3.6 g • WW Points+: 3 pts