- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 7–8 mini sweet peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, trimmed
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinse
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
For the Lemon Balsamic Dressing:
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- To make quinoa, rinse and soak for about 10 minutes in warm water. Bring 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil in a small saucepan, drain quinoa and add to boiling broth. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer, cooking for about 15 minutes. Turn heat off (still covered) and allow quinoa to sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Allow quinoa to cool before adding in the rest of the salad (you can also make this a day ahead).
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, drizzle olive oil and sauté onion, sweet peppers and broccoli until onion is translucent and peppers are soft, about 5 minutes. Add mixture to cooled quinoa then add corn and black beans, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, red pepper flakes and salt/pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss well. Once salad is coated, mix in the fresh basil and serve immediately while warm or cover and let chill in the fridge for at least an hour to let the flavors marinate. Enjoy!
*Quinoa salad will last in the fridge in a sealed airtight container for 4 to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 307.5 mg
- Fat: 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.4 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.