Ok so let me just tell you how much I love moscato wine. Yes it’s sweet, maybe too sweet for pretty much anybody that loves wine some of you, but it’s my absolute favorite and it’s literally all my girlfriends and I ever drink. Now, let me just tell you how excited I was to find out Skinnygirl Cocktails just launched their brand new product – moscato wine.
I literally had a mini dance party when I found out this news. So as Skinnygirl’s newest insider and recipe developer and because wine and girls nights pretty much go hand in hand, I thought I’d make cupcakes to celebrate this glorious event. Moscato cupcakes to be exact…seriously who doesn’t love boozy desserts??
Now I’m totally going to have some haters on this recipe…I’m not saying these are going to make you skinny or help you lose weight, because they’re NOT and they’re definitely not made from scratch, because I’m LAZY. But these are oh so simple and have substitutions that make them much lighter in calories for you ladies to enjoy because well a cupcake a day won’t kill you.
In fact, they might even make you a happier person in general. Just sayin.
Strawberry Moscato Cupcakes
- 1 box of your favorite strawberry cake mix
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 cup Skinnygirl Moscato
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 oz) container of sugar-free vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together strawberry cake mix, yogurt, wine and eggs together in a large bowl for about 3 minutes until nice and smooth. Spoon batter into 24 cupcake liners and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely then pipe on vanilla icing. Feel free to mix the icing with a drop or 2 of red food coloring to create a light pink color. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 cupcake • Calories: 257 • Fat: 5.3 g • Carbs: 27.4 g • Fiber: 1.7 g • Protein: 1.6 g • WW Points+: 4 pts