- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 oz (2 Tbsp) fresh lime juice
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) blanco tequila
- 2 tsp jalapeño honey syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) sparkling water (I used grapefruit flavored)
- Optional sweet/spicy rim: Sea salt, chili powder, sugar + lime zest
For the jalapeño honey syrup:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 to 4 jalapeño slices, seeds removed
- To make the jalapeño honey syrup: In a small pot or bowl, combine a 1/2 cup of honey, 1/2 cup of boiling water and 3 to 4 jalapeño slices (more or less depending how much spice you like). Give a little stir so that the honey can get mixed in and let everything sit until it cools to room temperature.
- To make the spicy grapefruit paloma: In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila and a Tbsp of the jalapeño honey syrup, and give a few good shakes! Rim the glass with lime juice and dip in the sweet and spicy mixture (a combination of sea salt, chili powder, sugar and lime zest) and add ice.
- Pour the tequila mixture into your glass and top with sparkling water and garnish with extra jalapeño slices, lime slices or even a slice of grapefruit. Enjoy!
*The jalapeño simple syrup can be stored in the fridge in a sealed airtight container for about a month.
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 21.9 g
- Sodium: 1.6 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.