Mint and lime yummy goodness.
I freakin’ love a good summer cocktail….and pretty much anything that contains champagne. When I saw this in my latest issue of Cooking Light magazine, I seriously couldn’t wait to dive in and try this deliciousness. This was such a fun cocktail to make and can be completely made virgin with some sparkling club soda for all you mommies-to-be!
And ladies was this not the perfect weekend for summer cocktails?? It was absolutely gorgeous! I spent it with my girlfriends who hosted a Stella and Dot jewelry party (serious obsession by the way) and it was just fabulous. I certainly purchased enough stuff to last me a lifetime, but their pieces are timeless and go with pretty much anything in your wardrobe.
Oh and my other (obvious) favorite thing about summer is all the fresh fruit that’s in season. The abundance of bright red strawberries, sweet blueberries and juicy watermelon (among other things) completely take over my kitchen and, um, definitely make it A LOT easier to rock my bikini by the pool.Just sayin.And I seriously would not mind sitting poolside with one of these right now. But I suppose paying the bills is essential. Hmm I wonder if they would notice if I had this in a sippy cup?
I kid I kid.
Sparkling Strawberry-Mint Limeade
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 bottle champagne, chilled
- Extra mint and lime wedges as garnish
- Combine sliced strawberries, mint leaves, lime juice, water and agave nectar in a blender and process until smooth.
- Serve about a 1/2 cup of strawberry mixture with a 1/2 cup of champagne, stirring to combine. Garnish with extra mint leaves and lime wedges and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 163 • Fat: 0.3 g • Carbs: 21.2 g • Fiber: 1.9 g • Protein: 0.7 g • WW Points+: 6 pts