Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add the corn syrup, vanilla and egg; beat well. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating just until combined. Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- Combine 3 Tbsp sugar and cinnamon, stirring with a whisk. With moist hands, shape dough into 42 (1-inch) balls. Roll balls in sugar mixture.
- Place balls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft). Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 cookie • Calories: 54 • Fat: 1.3 g • Carbs: 10.1 g • Fiber: 0.2 g • Protein: 0.7 g • WW Points+: 1 pt
Also! Melt has a super fun Mingle with Melt giveaway going on where you and your blog could win a $500 Visa gift card to throw your very own dinner party for you and your friends! Hope you have your little black dress ready. Winner will be announced October 31st, so enter now!
**UPDATE: I was so excited to find out that these skinny snickerdoodles were featured in Glamour Magazine!!