In honor of St. Patrick’s Day coming up, I thought what better way to celebrate than with a green milkshake! Even better, the entire shake is only 150 calories and 4 grams of fat! Compare that to a 12 oz. milk shake anywhere else and you’re looking at 420 calories per shake….yikes! I got this recipe out of my Hungry Girl cookbook and I couldn’t have been more pleased. This creamy vanilla milkshake has a hint of mint and is the perfect treat to satisfy any sweet tooth. Throw a bit of Baileys in there and you have yourself a yummy cocktail! Let me know how you like it and Happy St. Patty’s Day!
Skinny Shamrock Shake
Recipe adapted from Hungry-Girl
Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 3/4 cup light vanilla soymilk
- 1/2 cup Breyers Double Churn Free Creamy Vanilla fat-free ice cream
- 1 Tbsp. Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 or 3 drops of green food coloring
- 1 packet of Stevia
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice (8–12 ice cubes’ worth)
- Fat-free Reddi-wip
- Place Coffee-mate in a glass and add 1 Tbsp. of very hot water. Stir until powder dissolves, and then transfer the mixture to a blender.
- Add all other ingredients to the blender. Blend at a high speed until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour and garnish with a squirt of Reddi-wip.
Serving Size: 1 shake • Calories: 176 • Fat: 4 g • Carbs: 29 g • Fiber: 3.5 g • Protein: 7.5 g • WW Points+: 5 pts