So the boyfriend and I have been depriving ourselves on serious diets lately with the summer quickly approaching and have really kicked our workouts into high gear. With that said, we were craving some normalcy!! I decided to cook a skinny version of buffalo chicken wings that I found on one of my favorite blogs, Gina’s Skinny Recipes, that are made without all the butter and deep frying normal chicken wings entail. I broiled these to reduce the fat and added just enough spices to give them that great kick! We loved how they turned out and decided they would be perfect this summer at all our tailgates or even as appetizers when our friends come over. Pair these with my baked onion rings and you’ve satisfied that unhealthy craving without all the guilt!
Skinny Buffalo Wings
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
Serves: 9 servings
- 3 lbs (about 18) chicken wings
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp Frank's Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 4 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into strips
- In a large bowl, combine the hot sauce, vinegar, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and then place chicken wings in a large plastic bag and pour entire mixture into bag. Blend well and let them marinate for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Once wings are done marinating, reserve 1 cup of marinade. Place wings on a broiler rack and broil on low, about 8 inches from the flame for about 10-12 minutes on each side.
- While chicken cooks, heat the reserved hot sauce until warm on the stove. Toss the hot sauce with the chicken and enjoy!
Serving Size: 2 chicken wings • Calories: 204 • Fat: 5.4 g • Carbs: 2.3 g • Fiber: 0.6 g • Protein: 2 g • WW Points+: 5 pts