These sweet yet savory Protein Breakfast Muffins not only make the perfect grab-and-go breakfast in the mornings, but they also make a delicious post-workout snack!
One of my favorite things to make in the mornings are muffins. Not only do they make your house smell amaaaazing, but they’re easy to throw together, they’re super healthy (these just so happened to be packed with veggies) and they make a bunch for the week so you can just grab one on the go because let’s face it, the later we can sleep in the mornings the better! These particular muffins not only are good for breakfast, but they make a great pre- or post-workout snack. Made with zucchini, carrots, added protein powder and the perfect amount of cinnamon and nutmeg, these muffins make it easy for me to eat healthy throughout the week. They also taste pretty good too!
Tone It Up ladies I chose to use Perfect Fit protein powder which tasted super delicious in these! I only used one packet (about 1/4 cup) for the entire recipe and it was just the right amount. If you’ve never tried Perfect Fit, trust me your missing out – it’s THAT good. If you don’t have protein powder or would rather leave it out, that’s okay too! These will still taste amazing, just add an extra 1/4 cup of flour in its place which also make them great for kids! They’ll get their veggies and you’ll get one happy kiddo! Win win I’d say.
So go ahead and make these asap….you can thank me later.
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup protein powder (I used Perfect Fit)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, applesauce, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Add in grated carrot and zucchini and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Fold in dry ingredients with the wet and mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin cups, filling to the top, and bake for 18 minutes to 20 minutes. Enjoy!