- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella balls (ciliegine)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely chopped (plus more to add right before serving)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- To make the marinade, in a small bowl or jar, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, chopped basil, onion powder, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add your sliced tomatoes and mozzarella balls and drizzle the olive oil mixture over top. Toss together until everything is coated, cover with plastic wrap and let everything marinate in the fridge for up to 2 hours or overnight (see notes for best marinating time).
- When ready to serve, take the salad out of the fridge about 30 minutes to an hour before so that the olive oil can come back to room temperature and return to liquid form. Add a little more fresh basil and season as needed right before serving. Enjoy!
*Salad can marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or even overnight (24 hours), however I don’t recommend marinating longer than 24 hours as the balsamic vinegar will start to break down the cheese and potentially change the texture. I find that the sweet spot for this recipe is marinating for about 6 to 7 hours for the best taste!
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 201.9 mg
- Fat: 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.